Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and far better general health for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of real pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that lots of pets that have actually previously suffered some tummy issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– really, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question folks that claim that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and also sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to start making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking movement is extremely relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all general signs of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations concerning his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will try out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and effort saved since you won’t require to regularly visit PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving severe money in time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some wellness issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any type of dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth reviewing and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?