Ollie Dog Food Jobs
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, as well as far better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that many dogs that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to round off the gelato), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to state– really, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more with no steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question individuals that declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin using more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted power and– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I observe any sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itchiness.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and effort conserved since you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash money in time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the idea of at least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some wellness concerns and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog great grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and assessing on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?