Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and far better overall health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that many canines that have actually previously endured some stomach concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– truly, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question folks that assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , much of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just decided to begin utilizing more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not right away notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking as well as scraping . I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and also initiative saved because you will not need to consistently check out PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant cash with time and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with a lot of problem playthings
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth trying as well as reviewing for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can likewise get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?