Ollie Dog Food Instagram
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and far better general wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have previously experienced some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to claim– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more with no gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people that assert that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to begin making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, improved energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will explore various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as effort saved considering that you won’t need to regularly check out PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious cash money over time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some wellness issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog great grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, owners of canines that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth reviewing and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can likewise get great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?