Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and much better overall health for their canines.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine animal protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that several canines that have actually previously endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– really, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional with no progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks that declare that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to start using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is extremely relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . I didn’t make any particular note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing price vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also effort saved since you won’t require to regularly see PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could likewise imply less journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious cash money in time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with many problem playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely give Ollie a try if you desire to supply your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying as well as reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can additionally obtain superb discounts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?