Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and far better general wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real pet healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that many canines that have actually previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to state– really, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people that claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin using more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I see any type of sort of change in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t promptly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking and also scratching . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also effort saved since you will not need to frequently go to PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash money gradually and potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some health issues and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog great grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and evaluating for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?