Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that numerous canines that have previously endured some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to say– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot even more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing price vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort conserved because you won’t require to routinely check out PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can additionally mean less trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash gradually and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least trying and trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, absolutely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing as well as attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not forget, you can also get amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?