Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and far better general health for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that many pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional with no gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have testified to seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I observe any kind of type of change in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also effort conserved given that you will not need to frequently check out PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally mean less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash money gradually and possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting and assessing for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, and it looks like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can additionally get superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?