Ollie Dog Food How Much To Feed
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of real pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does appear that several canines that have actually previously endured some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– really, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always examine folks who declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to start using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not quickly observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping and licking . I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and effort saved given that you will not require to routinely visit PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also mean less journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious money over time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many puzzle toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying and reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of incredible changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?