Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of real animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does appear that many pets that have actually previously endured some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to state– actually, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks that claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start using more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, enhanced energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t immediately observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort saved given that you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can likewise indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash gradually and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least trying and trying out with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some wellness problems and allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog excellent grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth assessing and trying on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally get wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?