Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and also much better general health for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that many dogs that have actually formerly suffered some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– just a great justification to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– actually, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals that assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply chose to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and scraping . I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will trying out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and initiative conserved since you won’t need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many challenge toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting as well as assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?