Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual pet protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does appear that many pets that have previously endured some belly concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine folks that assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and also sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have born witness noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, boosted power and also– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t instantly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and damaging . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will try out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also effort saved considering that you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can likewise suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash money with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not require cautious managing like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth reviewing as well as attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also obtain fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?