Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, and much better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of real pet protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly endured some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– simply a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to state– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another without any progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always examine individuals who claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever gained any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to begin making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scraping far more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond many pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also effort conserved since you will not need to frequently visit PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant cash money in time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some health problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying and assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t forget, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?