Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have actually formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to state– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people who declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not properly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have testified to discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted power and– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I observe any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did discover a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t promptly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free distribution means time as well as effort saved since you will not need to frequently visit PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might also indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe cash money over time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying as well as experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health issues and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you want to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth reviewing and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he loved the food, and it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can additionally get fantastic discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?