Ollie Dog Food Frozen
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and far better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to state– really, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question individuals who assert that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was initially a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not right away notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and also damaging . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of several pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also effort conserved since you will not need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog excellent grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying and also reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise get wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?