Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, as well as far better total health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that numerous dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– actually, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks who assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of problem toys, I was at first a little worried about switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I see any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic indications of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not quickly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his damaging as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will explore other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and also effort saved considering that you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe money gradually as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might alleviate some health problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog excellent grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth assessing and attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?