Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of actual animal protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that lots of canines that have previously experienced some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– actually, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks that assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have born witness seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, boosted power and– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I see any kind of sort of change in Remy? I did discover a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not quickly notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his damaging and licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also effort saved given that you will not need to routinely visit PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise suggest less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash with time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog excellent grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting and assessing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain superb price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?