Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, and also better overall health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously endured some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a great justification to round off the ice cream), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals that claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just decided to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any type of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itching.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also effort conserved because you won’t require to consistently go to PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might also indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash over time and possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog excellent grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a great alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating as well as trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?