Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and also far better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does seem that several pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a good reason to round off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals that assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to begin utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also damaging much even more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be beyond numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing price vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative saved given that you will not need to routinely go to PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise imply less trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash in time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying and also trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need mindful handling like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog excellent grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth evaluating and attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t forget, you can additionally obtain wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?