Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that numerous canines that have previously suffered some belly issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– simply a great reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to state– truly, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t right away observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking as well as scraping . I really did not make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be beyond several pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you won’t need to frequently go to PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash over time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of trying out and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some health problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth evaluating as well as attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally get superb discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?