Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and much better overall health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that several canines that have actually formerly experienced some stomach concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– just a good justification to round off the ice cream), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– truly, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional without any steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks that claim that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergies, enhanced energy and– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also effort saved considering that you won’t need to regularly go to PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash gradually and possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog excellent grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, owners of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth examining and also trying on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?