Ollie Dog Food Feeding Guide Mostly Ollie
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as much better general health for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of genuine pet protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that lots of pets that have actually formerly endured some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the leading component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to claim– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals that declare that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to start making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also effort conserved considering that you won’t require to regularly go to PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also indicate fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash with time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying as well as experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?