Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and better overall health for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of real pet protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously suffered some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty components.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– simply a good reason to round off the ice cream), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to claim– really, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin making use of extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved power and also– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t immediately notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort conserved since you will not need to frequently visit PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash money with time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?