Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of real animal protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that several pet dogs that have formerly suffered some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to say– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals that claim that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and also sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, improved power as well as– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I observe any sort of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t right away observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging and also licking . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as initiative conserved since you will not need to routinely visit PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash with time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness problems as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge toys
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog terrific grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, owners of dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth evaluating and also attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain fantastic discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?