Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and far better overall health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of genuine animal protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that numerous pets that have formerly endured some stomach issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– truly, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another without any progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people that assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have testified to discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I see any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general indicators of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t instantly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also effort saved given that you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also imply less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash money with time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness concerns and also allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog terrific grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth reviewing as well as attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can likewise obtain fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?