Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and also much better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of actual animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of dogs that have formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to state– really, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people who assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to begin using much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not instantly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any particular note or observations regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved because you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might likewise mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money over time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some wellness issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog great grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can additionally get fantastic discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the deals pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?