Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of actual animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that lots of canines that have actually formerly experienced some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a great justification to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to say– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always examine individuals that declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little worried about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just decided to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I see any type of type of modification in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much even more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved since you won’t need to consistently go to PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could likewise suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving major cash money in time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some wellness concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying and also reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?