Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Lots of owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and much better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real animal protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that several pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always examine people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not quickly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and initiative saved given that you won’t require to regularly visit PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash in time and potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some wellness issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, owners of pets that are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth evaluating and also attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?