Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, as well as far better total health for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does seem that many dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to say– really, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine individuals who assert that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have demonstrated observing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and damaging much even more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will trying out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative saved considering that you won’t need to regularly see PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash in time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of a minimum of experimenting and trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness problems as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog excellent grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth assessing as well as trying on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally obtain fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?