Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as much better overall wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I need to say– truly, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people that declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I discover any kind of type of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t immediately notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative saved since you will not need to regularly visit PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money with time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may ease some wellness problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with many problem toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pets that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and also assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?