Ollie Dog Food Defrost
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, and better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that lots of pets that have formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to claim– really, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another with no gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was initially a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have testified to seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, boosted power and– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t quickly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itching.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also effort saved since you will not need to regularly go to PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also suggest less journeys to the vet’s office, saving major money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of exploring and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns and allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying as well as reviewing for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can also get amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?