Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, as well as better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that many pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy components.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to claim– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more with no gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question people that claim that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, enhanced power and also– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I see any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative conserved considering that you won’t require to consistently visit PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash money in time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some wellness issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog great grub, definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, and it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can also obtain great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?