Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and better general wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine animal protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that many pet dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– actually, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals who declare that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was originally a little worried about changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to start utilizing more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I observe any kind of sort of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or observations concerning his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and initiative saved because you will not require to regularly visit PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can additionally imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious money in time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog great grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable component listing. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth examining and also trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?