Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of genuine animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that several pets that have actually previously experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– simply a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question people who declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin using extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved power and– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic indications of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not promptly notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or observations regarding his itching.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it deserves considering several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative conserved because you won’t need to frequently visit PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also imply fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash in time and possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some health concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog great grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying and examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?