Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as much better total health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual animal protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does appear that many dogs that have previously experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– just a great reason to round off the gelato), I read through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to state– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no progressive transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people who declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or observations concerning his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as initiative saved because you will not need to regularly go to PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog great grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth assessing and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the bargains pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?