Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and much better general health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of genuine pet protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have previously experienced some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– just a great reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to say– truly, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question folks who claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to begin using much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, boosted energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I observe any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking as well as scraping . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing price vs value.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also effort saved because you won’t need to routinely go to PetSmart and lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely give Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However do not forget, you can also obtain wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?