Ollie Dog Food Customer Reviews
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and much better general health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real animal protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have actually previously endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to say– actually, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks that declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to start using much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is extremely soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, improved energy and– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indications of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not immediately observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scraping and licking . I really did not make any particular note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging much even more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also initiative saved since you won’t need to routinely go to PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also indicate less trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe cash money gradually as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may relieve some wellness problems and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious managing like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog great grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth evaluating and also attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?