Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and better total health for their canines.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of actual animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that many canines that have previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty components.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great reason to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– actually, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin making use of more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to observing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, enhanced power and– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all general indicators of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his damaging as well as licking . I really did not make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching much even more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also effort saved because you will not require to frequently check out PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major money gradually and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a try if you desire to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth reviewing and trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with a few of the offers mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?