Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, and much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of actual animal healthy protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that lots of canines that have actually formerly suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question people who assert that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and also sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to begin making use of much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergies, improved power and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I observe any sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort saved considering that you won’t require to routinely see PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could additionally imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash money in time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still giving several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting as well as reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he loved the food, and it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?