Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and better total health for their pets.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that several pet dogs that have previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to state– truly, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another with no gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks that declare that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to begin using a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergies, boosted energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I discover any type of type of modification in Remy? I did observe a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not right away discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly try out various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also initiative saved given that you won’t need to routinely check out PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money gradually as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful managing like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with many problem playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog fantastic grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth reviewing and attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?