Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of real animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that many pets that have previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– actually, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals that claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just decided to start making use of much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have testified to seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic signs of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not promptly discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his irritation.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and effort saved considering that you will not need to frequently go to PetSmart and lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money over time and potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of trying and trying out with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may relieve some health issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog wonderful grub, absolutely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any kind of dog, owners of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying and reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?