Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and much better general health for their canines.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that lots of canines that have previously endured some belly concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– truly, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine folks that assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and also sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, boosted energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all general signs of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not instantly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as damaging . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and also needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also effort conserved considering that you will not need to frequently check out PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash money gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health concerns and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, owners of pets that are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth evaluating and also attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, beware– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
But do not forget, you can also get fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?