Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and also far better overall health for their dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of genuine animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have actually formerly experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to state– truly, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals that assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of problem toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start using extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t instantly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and also damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative conserved because you will not need to regularly see PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant money with time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth trying as well as evaluating for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not neglect, you can also obtain wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?