Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of real pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that many dogs that have previously suffered some belly problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the primary component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to claim– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question people that assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and also sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to start making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have testified to seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I notice any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and also scratching . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also initiative saved since you will not require to consistently see PetSmart and lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might also imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash money gradually and also possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some health problems as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting as well as assessing on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?