Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also far better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of real animal protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that several dogs that have previously suffered some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the top component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to say– truly, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always question people who claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle toys.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I discover any kind of type of modification in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative saved since you won’t need to on a regular basis see PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might ease some wellness issues and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth assessing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally get superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?