Ollie Dog Food Competitors
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also far better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that several canines that have actually formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine folks that declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to start making use of extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergies, enhanced power and– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t promptly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also effort conserved because you won’t require to routinely see PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe money in time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog great grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying and assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?