Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and also far better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of genuine animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine individuals that declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start making use of more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking activity is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I observe any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly discover until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort conserved given that you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can likewise imply less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe cash gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful managing like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of problem playthings
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, proprietors of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth examining as well as attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?