Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, and better overall health for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of real animal protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that numerous dogs that have previously endured some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– really, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people who declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated observing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I discover any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly discover until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and damaging . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also effort saved because you won’t require to frequently see PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can also suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money in time and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many challenge toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog great grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth evaluating and attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?