Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of actual pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does appear that several pets that have previously endured some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to state– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question individuals that declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never gained any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is really comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not right away see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and also scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will explore various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also initiative conserved since you won’t need to routinely visit PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe money gradually and potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some health concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog terrific grub, most definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pets that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth reviewing and trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However do not neglect, you can additionally obtain fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?