Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and also much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual animal protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that several dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a good excuse to round off the gelato), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to say– truly, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always question folks who assert that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just decided to start making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually testified to noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I observe any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and effort saved since you won’t need to regularly go to PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money over time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at least exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health and wellness concerns and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely give Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth evaluating and also attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?